No Sugar, No Alcohol 52 Days - Day 1
Well today starts our annual no sugar no alcohol until Thanksgiving. This will be our third year to do this little fast. The first year we started the beginning of November but last year and this year we moved it to a bigger challenge of the first of October. I have to say I was ready for it this year. Having had a long vacation the beginning of September I feel like I have let my nutritional eating and restraints slide. Combine that with the fact that five out of seven of us got the flu this last week and are still somewhat recovering. I feel like crud so I was actually excited to start today.
We have many friends joining us this year. Some that have done it before, some that are new to the adventure. Some are near and some are very, very far. I am thinking of setting up a little group on FB but also I am going to try to post what I am eating here. Don't laugh at how unbalanced it is sometimes.
For Aaron and me, we basically do no processed sugar and no alcohol. The alcohol part is pretty easy for me....not Aaron. I don't drink much to begin with especially now with the other health issues I have had. The sugar part is NOT easy. The first year we used Honey last year I did not. The only type of sugar I allow is fruit. But if you are joining us the choice is yours. Do what works. The first year I did this I was a sugar in coffee drinker. I cut that habit forever. I am actually now an only occasional coffee drinker and usually decaf (I am really effected by caffiine now.) so this will be interesting because in the past coffee was my filler for sweets. HA HA.
So here we go.
This am I had Ezekial bread toast.
Mid morning I ate a piece of cheese.
Lunch I ate Cheese, Almonds and an apple.
Dinner I had Pasta from TJ (you gotta read labels some have sugar heaven forbid) and on top of it we had lots of garlic, tomatoes, purple onion and artichoke hearts tossed in olive oil. YUM With a little Parm on top.
I really probably need to cut back on the cheese tomorrow. This is gonna make me laugh. Not cut the Cheese (HA HA HA) but cut back.
I know this doesn't look like a ton of food but I am still sorta recovering from the flu and don't have a huge appetite yet. I did take my vitamins and cod liver oil and drank tons of water today.
I think I am going to run now and make this for tomorrow morning....the apple one. With no extra sweetener. For tomorrow morning.





No comments:
Post a Comment