Saturday, September 22, 2012

Whirlwind of a Week

I'm here.  We got back from our spontaneous vacation last week and hit the ground running.  One hour after I arrived home I found out my kids were accepted into a Charter homeschool.  It is basically a public school charter where everyone homeschools.  My kids were all on the waiting list and the last I had spoken with them it sounded like maybe if I was willing one of the kids could get in but not all three.  So imagine my surprise.  Well, that meant lots of paperwork, emails and running around.  I had to withdraw from our Satellite private homeschool and shift everything to the other Charter school.  We were really hoping for this opportunity because we had some financial blows this year and we had some programs that we really wanted our kids to be a part of that cost a significant amount of money.  With the Charter school we get funds to use toward books, curriculum, online programs and various educational activities in the area through approved vendors.  Seth is taking writing with Write at Home, Jude is taking piano and Adelee is taking some ballet.  They all are going to be doing a PE class through a vendor that meets at a local park.  Its wonderful.  Plus I was able to get all of our Story of the World Curriculum and various other programs and books.  I meet with a Teacher once a month and we go over lesson plans and samples of all their work.  I was able to get a wonderful teacher that has been with them for nine years and I can tell already that I am going to love her.  Its a win win for us.  A way to keep homeschooling and choosing what we want for our kids but the financial burden has been lifted and not only that we are able to do things for the kids we would have had to do without or cut this year.

So I am sitting here now transferring files on my computer to free up some space for more school programs and downloads.  My bags are still not unpacked from vacation and I am WAY behind on laundry.  My dishwasher broke and my house is a complete disaster.....but I am happy.  I am super excited about this year.  We made it through the first week back and I know in a week or two things will be running much smoother.

I am hoping to take time to pop on here more as the rhythm of fall sets in.  Hoping to reconnect with reading some of my favorite blogs too.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds like an exciting new year!

Lizzy said...

praise God for the charter school situation falling into place! oh, and so glad to see you 'back' in the ol' blogging world ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails