Saturday, October 13, 2012

My New Road and My Sweet Girlie.

I've finally gotten to some of my kids baby and family pics.  I am having nine images printed on canvas (scored a sale).  While I have printed some over the last couple years, I haven't enlarged much of my own.

I am taking a break from my business for awhile.  I am just at that point in life where my kids really need me, they need me hands on, not off on the computer editing or groggy every morning from late night editing.  I felt torn and like I was doing neither very well.  It was a hard choice but I feel deep in my soul it was the right choice.  I had sort of started to burn out and honestly didn't even want to touch my camera much (yeah there was some depression thrown in there and a broken computer didn't help).  I feel like I am coming back alive again.  Now I am just shooting what I want to shoot....and I am able to photograph and edit my kids more.  I feel like I am falling in love again and it is taking me in a new direction.  Maybe some day I will work again when the kids are a little older, but I want to meet when they are older with no regrets.  With how much I am giving out with caring for them and homeschooling I want my photography and my other hobbies to be things that recharge me not leave me drained and frazzled.  Its sorta fun to start this journey down a new and different path.  I hope that it has a positive effect on my images, my art.

Please know that this is MY journey and if you are on the path I was on it is no judgement of your decisions.  We all have different paths we must travel and that still small voice inside leads and guides us where we should go.  This looks different for each of us.  The important thing is to listen to what that voice is telling you, not your friend.  So all you photo mommas out there, Enjoy!!!  Do what you are called to do.  I am being called in a different direction right now and I Must listen to that voice calling me.  I feel at peace in my soul and I didn't before it was a battle.

On a side note I am learning some new things.  Actually taking a class and working on something that is new and exciting for me.  Can't wait to share here.  Soon.  But it is something of my own.  No deadlines, no one waiting on me.  It is recharging me not draining me and that is something that I have really had to pay attention to this year.  Is what I am saying yes to bringing life and joy to my family. (Not that I don't do hard things....I do, but balance.)  I still screw up a lot but I am learning.  Learning to balance commitments.  Learning to say no and keep boundaries.


Okay enough Heavy.  These were some images I had printed.  Yes!  The first one she was my baby.  Wasn't that just yesterday?  The last one was when she turned FIVE this summer.  I love having my girl smack dab in the middle of all these boys.  She is our little beauty and brings so much joy to us all.  I am so thankful God spared her life (those first days were so intense)!  I am so glad that I get to watch her grow.



3 comments:

Libby said...

Love this post and your beautiful photos! I can't believe how fast babies grow up. Love you.

Danielle said...

I'm glad you're feeling energized! I've been up and down with photography (at least as a business for clients) and this whole year have been trying to find my way with it. Trying to figure out if it's phase or if something should change.

Homeschooling is definitely a "full-time" job and is exhausting, and we're just doing kindergarten! So I'm just waiting and being purposeful not to take too much on. During the school year I'm only taking on one session a month, for my sanity, as well as so I can continue writing along side photography.

Can't wait to hear more about your new project!

Briana Almengor said...

Sounds like you are in a good place, Bethany. I would love to meet you someday. I talk about you to my hubby from time to time like you're one of my "IRL" friends.
I feel I'm in a similar place as you, learning to say "no" to much in order to say "Yes" to the best, and like you it's mostly my kiddos and hubby. Don't have capacity to give much of myself to anything else. And, I'm learning to not carry guilt about that.
I, too, have much ambition for other things, but I know now is not the time. I am trusting GOd gave me those desires and will also give me the right context and timing to fulfill those desires.

Something "new" for me that's been filling me up is reading...isn't that funny? So many of my friends are readers, devour books and I never have been like that. But, I think it has been in part bc I've viewed it as not "doing" anything, inactive. Now, though, I am seeing it as a gift from God to rest my brain, re-charge for my "real" life. It has surprised me how much I am enjoying getting away with my book, but I am hoping that even this is preparation for a future season where I will hopefully be on the writing end. We'll see. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails