Update On Me
I have to say that I am doing pretty well. I still have periods of not sleeping well, but I am not up all night worrying about my heart racing thinking I am going to kick the bucket. I have had some stressful events lately that have thrown me into minor panic attacks....shaking, feeling dizzy and confused and crying but they too were short lived and I was able to use the "tools" my counselor gave me to diffuse them and move on.
I am having to really watch myself and keep things in balance. I've grown a lot bolder and decisive about things. I'm caring less about what people think....in a good way. That was always so hard for me trying to please everyone else....still is at times. Probably not where I need to be as I know I am a work in progress and this will never be finished. But I feel like I am growing braver, not taking crud and getting walked all over like I use to, feeling compassionate towards others but knowing its not my place to make them happy. It seems to be that this adventure will be a constant dance of moving forward and evaluating where I am drifting.
I was being so faithful with my exercise Feb-Aug I went five days a week no exceptions. With visiting friends, vacation and illness that sort of got a wrench in it. I am trying to get back on the full five days again. Hopefully this week I will get out there moving more. I don't want to let these habits and positive changes I have made fall by the wayside. I don't want to end up back where I was. It so hard juggling all that life throws at me, but I know that I need to make sure that I am doing what only I can do and exercise is one of those things.
The sugar fast is going well. I have lost 6lbs. total so far....without even trying. I feel great. Not craving it much anymore except for the occasional afternoon I want chocolate episode. I think it has gotten easier since this is the third year we have done it and it is sort of just routine, we know what to do what to eat.
Still working on my project. I am at a bit of a sticking point and need a creative muse to hit me. HA HA. So praying that happens and I can move forward. Ahhhhh! Its fun though.
I am having to really watch myself and keep things in balance. I've grown a lot bolder and decisive about things. I'm caring less about what people think....in a good way. That was always so hard for me trying to please everyone else....still is at times. Probably not where I need to be as I know I am a work in progress and this will never be finished. But I feel like I am growing braver, not taking crud and getting walked all over like I use to, feeling compassionate towards others but knowing its not my place to make them happy. It seems to be that this adventure will be a constant dance of moving forward and evaluating where I am drifting.
I was being so faithful with my exercise Feb-Aug I went five days a week no exceptions. With visiting friends, vacation and illness that sort of got a wrench in it. I am trying to get back on the full five days again. Hopefully this week I will get out there moving more. I don't want to let these habits and positive changes I have made fall by the wayside. I don't want to end up back where I was. It so hard juggling all that life throws at me, but I know that I need to make sure that I am doing what only I can do and exercise is one of those things.
The sugar fast is going well. I have lost 6lbs. total so far....without even trying. I feel great. Not craving it much anymore except for the occasional afternoon I want chocolate episode. I think it has gotten easier since this is the third year we have done it and it is sort of just routine, we know what to do what to eat.
Still working on my project. I am at a bit of a sticking point and need a creative muse to hit me. HA HA. So praying that happens and I can move forward. Ahhhhh! Its fun though.





2 comments:
Glad you're doing well, Bethany!
yes, glad to read this update! i think of you often!
Post a Comment