Sunday, September 09, 2012

Extended Summer





I am sitting right now in a beautiful beach house overlooking Dana Point Harbor.  Last Sunday we were given the opportunity (totally last minute) to house sit/dog sit at an amazingly big and beautiful place.  The views alone are worth it but it also has a beautiful pool and hot tub and while swimming in them you can see the ocean.

I pushed off ordering school books this summer because I was trying to get my kids in a homeschool charter to help ease some of the expense.  They are still currently on the waiting list and so I had to go ahead and place my book order, but then it was put on backorder for a few items.  Normally I would stress about not starting school on time, about not having all my books and lesson plans in place.  But this time I just kept telling myself not to worry, do what I can and be open if God has a different plan.



Well, HE did.  We were not able to really afford a vacation this summer.  We just enjoyed friends and day trips and one overnight to Santa Barbara.  But God provided a free vacation (close to where most of Aaron's work accounts are so he has continued to work while we have been here....without a commute).  I am so grateful to be given this opportunity and not bogged down with worry and cares about school but felt the freedom to go.  I honestly really enjoyed my summer this year, no regrets, but I had not felt done yet.  As our time here is winding down I am feeling FULL.  I feel like summer is coming to a close and I am ready to embrace the routine and rhythm of fall.  So glad that at least in this test I passed the do not worry......and it all turned out.  So glad to have these fun memories with my kids.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That is just SO awesome Bethany! Enjoy your last bit of time there!

Sarah said...

Hey Bethany, just was catching up on your blog. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails