Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Favorites: Tea Time

When I am pregnant I CANNOT drink coffee. And since it has been frigid here (by CA standards) I have been sipping hot tea like there is no tomorrow. My favorite Teas are Stash Teas. Which were recently buy one get one free at Vons and are always a good deal at Trader Joes. But if you can't find Stash in your area you can order online. I would recommend checking out their website anyhow because they have a wide variety of flavors there and cute tea sets and gifts...check out their Modern cozies. I try not to drink too much caffeine right now so my favorites at this time are mostly herbal. I love the following

Lemon Ginger
Peppermint
Blueberry
Mango Passion Fruit
Jasmine Blossom Green Tee

But the best recommendation today (if you like tea) is the new Cuisinart Electric Tea Kettle. Not only is it beautiful and very vintage looking (and I like pretty looking things) it is super fast and has lots of nice features. It is stainless steel has a base that it rest on for heating but then has a stay cool bottom so it can be carried anywhere (and the main base and dangling cord stay behind). The heating element is concealed which prevents calcium buildup and makes for better tasting drinks. It has a filter on the inside to keep impurities from getting in your cup. The handle can be pushed down and tilted out of the way to fill. All in all I get my tea faster and it tastes better. And I have a cute kettle that fits perfectly in my vintage modern kitchen and doesn't take up room on my stove. I love this little baby. I ended up getting mine at Bed Bath and Beyond (they didn't have it in the store but I went in and ordered it online through them so that I could use the 20%off coupon). I am off to have my morning cup...if only I had energy to make some blueberry scones.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Lemon Ginger is my new favorite tea these days. I also really like Tazo's "Passion". I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Ashleigh said...

LOVE that tea kettle! I may have to get one ...

Am continuing to pray for you guys this morning.

anne said...

hmmmm...love Stash tea as well. A friend from church introduced it to me a few years back. I LOVE Tazo tea as well(Starbucks serves it), the passion, joy, and Chai are some of my favs. The kettle is WAY cute too.
I would love to see a pic of your kitchen for inspiration! :)

ps- I too am praying for you guys this morning, and cannot wait to hear news this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

I like Stash tea as well, but especially love the Twinning brand. I'm not a very adventurous tea drinker though. My hot teas I prefer to be black and love "Irish Breakfast" but fruity ones I only like iced. I've not drunk hardly any coffee since being pregnant, decaf or not. I just don't feel healthy doing so. There are so many other things I NEED to be drinking/eating, it just seems to not be ritual for now. I still drink it after dinner sometimes, though. Just not in the morning.

Prayed for you, Aaron, and the sonogram results today!

Zoanna said...

Love the kettle. So it heats up a lot faster than a stove-top one, would you say?

Funny you should mention herbal teas. I just had a cup last night, which is rare (and I don't think I'm pregnant). It was I think Apple Vanilla which sounds weird unless it's a candle scent, but was quite tasty and didn't have the same "trickle" effect as tea w/ caffeine, if you know what I mean.
Prayed for you at 1:30 (10:30 your time).Let us know the results!

Anonymous said...

Do you like Constant Comment? I love that, and it comes in decaf!

Vicki said...

I love Stash tea as well. I have become a regular shopper. Their chai teas are my favorite. I also recently tried a chocolate peppermint tea. Pretty good but not as good as the chai.

Related Posts with Thumbnails