Friday, August 17, 2012

Word

Obviously one of the biggest sources of healing and strength is the word.  I have really been encouraged through devotionals that the YouVersion Bible app has available.  I usually have three going at a time.  Some shorter topic ones and two yearly ones.  I am reading the Discipleship Journal Reading Plan for the year and also Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life which has been VERY VERY encouraging to me.  Everyday I read her stuff it speaks to me. 

I have also completed Joyce Meyers Battlefield of the Mind Devotional, a devotional on anxiety, 15 Days in the Word with John Piper, Soul Detox and topical devotions on Anxiety, Fear of Death and Holy Emotions Biblical Responses to Every Challenge.  Some have been a little lighter and some deeper but I have received something from all of them.  I love that I can have it in my pocket and pull it out to read wherever and whenever.  This is an area where I am able to use technology well.  It is one of those major blessings.  I love technology but I am really trying to balance how I use it.

I have the acro bible on my phone but I really love the ease of Youversion for pulling up different versions, sharing verses and the devotional plans.  Its so great. 

I also downloaded Scripture Typer app.  I have memorized several verses on fear, peace etc but I am working my way through Romans 8 with a friend that I walk with and this has really helped me to memorize it.  You can access the account on the computer but its great on the phone because basically you just type the first letter of each word instead of the whole word as you are going through.  It has an area to type it out where you see it, then one where it removes some words, then finally it is a blank page.  It has been another really helpful technological tool for me.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I thank you for sharing your devotional resources. I've bought multiple ones you've shared in the past. This summer I've gone through Beth Moore's "James" study. I've loved it. I will finish up before school starts, as it's too much to do during the school year, and will probably go back to a simpler plan. I realize I sometimes spend TOO much time in the work (if that's possible) in the morning and need to get moving a little faster in order to get kids fed and all, especially with school starting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails