Finding Encouragement In Unlikely Places
I like many people am really loving Pinterest. It has helped me try new things in the kitchen, learn new tricks for cleaning my house and painting furniture, find clothing for special occasions, get myself some non (not gap) mom jeans (hahahaha...course I still wear my old gap ones they are comfy) and encouraged me. I tend to hop on when I am nursing late in the afternoon or evening. Since I am not able to watch many movies anymore or tv (still have an effect on me) it is my little indulgence.
Where Pinterest has surprised me is in the quotes and sayings. I've always enjoyed quotes but at first it seemed like a funny thing to pin, but then certain ones I saw would really resonate with me, get me thinking, change me for the better, encourage me and make me laugh. I have printed out some and hung them by my computer or around my house, I have bought some on Etsy, I have meditated on some, I have had my perspective changed drastically by some.
When I had my first miscarriage the word HOPE was a significant comfort to me. Learning to hope against all hope. I use to not hope to protect myself. So the word hope has forever remained with me since as an encouragement to keep looking to where and what I put my hope in. I have tried to remain hopeful. Sometimes I fail but I am still hanging on to hope. So I made a board specifically when I find hope quotes.
Obviously right now my biggest struggle is getting over fears and worries. So I made a Pinterst Board Fears Be Gone to help me with that. I have found scriptures and quotes to remind me of truths. Fear is a lie, worry is arrogance, love more worry less. It has been so helpful to me. Helpful to have little blurts to pull our and speak to myself when I am struggling. I never would have expected to be encouraged through Pinterest but I am loving finding ways to use technology for good in my life.
I also have a general board that includes some hope and worry and fear quotes before I gave them their own place and any other funny or encouraging quotes and sayings.
Do you have words that have meant a lot to you? What are you drawn to right now in terms of sayings? Do you have a similar collection if so share below in the comments so we can follow each other.







3 comments:
What a good idea! I too keep a collection of quotes/sayings but in a much more boring way, in a word doc. I doubt many of my favorites have been illustrated visually, but you never know. Thanks for sharing!
I think most of my Pinterest quotes come from you. :) But right now I also write Bible verses (I'm in Proverbs presently) on index cards and tape them all over the house so I can read them every day. It looks ridiculous but that's what I need right now.
oh I love that last quote especially...how true in my experience!!!
Post a Comment